View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Flopped bottom two facing a flop raise, coord board

xGREGORx:

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you short stacked???

[/ QUOTE ]

Confidence issues. I'm costing myself value because I should be able to beat NL$50, but damn, when you're running bad it's hard to tell if you're just a fish for paying off so many sets. (I should make a static page with this rationale somewhere since I'm going to be explaining it on every HH I post with less-than-maximal stacks.)

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Now let's get results oriented:

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $22</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($53, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $53)

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($53, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $53)

Results:
Final pot: $53

<font color="#000000">UTG+2 shows 4d 4c </font>
<font color="#000000">Hero shows 4s 5h </font>

So yeah, obviously i'm really awesome at poker and will be moving up to $3/6 now.

But I figured it would be weak-tight to put him on a range of two pair or better, and from this discussion it sounds like I was right. I'm learning to hate reraises like this, though, because the only inferior hands that will call them are real gamblers with a draw or some kind of combo draw that's flipping a coin with me. But you've convinced me it wsasn't too bad here.