View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 02:50 AM

Default Re: decent draw on the flop. what should i do?

onion,

I don't play as many hands as most in this forum in a plo game, but I do play them aggressively, though not heedlessly so. Sure one of the 2 checkers might be waiting to either checkraise or just call with a mediocre made hand better than a pair of deuces. And sure the preflop raiser might be willing to play as well. But the pot on the flop is 1/3 of hero's remaining stack and is worth taking a reasonable shot at with a hand that has a lot of outs, though not an equity crushing number of same if it gets played with. So when 2 people check, and the original raiser doesn't have to like that flop, I am going to take a stab at it and take my chances. If you get raised then so what? The only way you will ever get action on sets and monster draws that crush other draws is if you play some weaker but still decent draws fast occasionally. And if you let it get checked around and someone picks up another draw on the turn for free or spikes a set, then you will have forfeited any chance most likely of taking it down a reasonable pot with a bet.