View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Hi - Back to Basics: Is it worth betting into a small pot?

I had sort of a similar situation this weekend. Sorry that I don't have the hand history, so I will have to describe it.

I had pocket 55 with a J door card and called the BI. I ended up HU on 4th street with the BI who now had 3Q clubs showing. I bricked and we both checked 4th. He got another club on 5th and I got another brick. He checked and I checked. On 6th street, I caught a third 5. He checked again. I then thought long and hard about what to do. Was he playing possum on me the whole time waiting for me to catch up so that he could trap me with his made flush, or did he really just have crap. (BTW, I had no previous experience with this player and hadn't been at table to get any read on him, so I had no idea what he was capable of.)

I almost checked since the pot was so small and figured I could just call if he bet the river, but then my ego kicked in and I bet. Sure enough, he raised.

Did I then have the discipline to lay it down? Sadly enough, no I didn't. I called the rasie and called the river bet, and of course I lost to his flush. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]