View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 06:31 AM

Default Re: How to counter the idiot at the table?

[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion was that you gear down after you didn't hit a set on the flop. If you are taking PP's into 4 and 5 way pots, more often than not you are going to need to improve to a set or better to win. Laying down TT is not the end of the world in a multi-way pot. Your beloved table idiot is going to inflate enough pots that you can win a large pot later on when you have a far more distinct advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you missed my point. I was basically in a HU-pot, because the maniac cannot be counted for full. I didn't hit a set, but I had an overpair on a guy (the eventual winner) who was obviously calling with trash and sticking in with "just" top pair. What shall I do with A-A in that spot if I miss the set? Besides that, I shut down my aggression once the king fell. The question was only if to call 2 bets on the river or not.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry for the way this is coming off and this is a serious question, but this is 1/2 limit. Who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]

The stakes don't matter. All what matters is playing correctly. The hand doesn't become more or less interesting if it was played for $100/200.