View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Anyone do a lot of importing, especially textiles?

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, the issue isn't the fabric I sent from Taiwan to Canada and am now bringing into the US. I have all the docs on that.

Its the small part of the shipment which was fabric originally manufactured in Taiwan, but that I purchased from a distributor in Los Angeles. I had it direct shipped to Canada, but we cancelled the manufacturing contract to turn it into clothing. Now we want to re-import it into the US. They want the original invoices used to bring that fabric into the United States. Unfortunately, I'm two companies removed from the importer so its a bear to find.

Its not like I'm trying to get out of paying the duties on the stuff, but I'm being told that if I can't come up with these invoices I'll have to send everything back to Canada and pay some sweet penalties to boot.

Love bureaucracy.

[/ QUOTE ]I still think your customers broker and/or shipping company should be able to handle this easily as they shouldnt have been able to bring this into Canada in the first place without all the docs. Your customs broker should be hound dogging this as it is what you pay them for. Did you purchase this on an L/C? If so, how did you release the goods without the docs?

Good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]