View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Hobbs talks in full to you guys....

[ QUOTE ]
How do you deal with the feeling that a thinking opponent is putting a move on you? Example - you make a steal raise OTB and a tricky thinking BB calls, and then checkraises a ragged flop. Do you have to have something to continue, or do you often play back at him? How do you decide?

~MagicMan

[/ QUOTE ]
It all depends on my image, board texture, how often I feel villain has been getting out of line in the past, etc.

Sometimes I'll call the flop and raise the turn with nothing, sometimes if my hand has SD value (A/K high) and the flop is draw heavy I'll either just call down or raise the turn for a free SD sometimes. Sometimes I'll 3-bet the flop, sometimes I'll just fold the flop.

The question is just so hard to answer exactly, but probably the best advice I can give is to use this opportunity to experiment with bluffing yourself as at the very least you'll get a good LAGfish image out of it.

[ QUOTE ]

Related question - you are in the SB, and you 3-bet a steal raise from a tricky thinking player with something like KQo or A8o. You bet a ragged flop and he calls. How do you decide what to do on the turn, given that he should know you were going to bet most flops, and that your preflop 3-betting range is very large? A lot of times I feel like I am getting run over when I bet the turn and he raises.

~MagicMan

[/ QUOTE ]
depending on how much control I think I have over my opponent will determine the turn action for me. If I feel the guy will bluff raise the turn lot then I will often c/c the turn and usually plan on c/f'ing the river. bet/folding the turn is still fine though as long as villain has shown that he will peel flops lightly in this situation, or even sometimes peel flops with a better hand (read ace high hands) and fold to another bet on the turn. Sometimes, although rare, I'll check the tunr and raise if villain bets, but you should start to balance your play by doing this with your good hands some of the time as well. Solid balanced play will make you less predictable and usually keep your opponents from taking a lot fo shots at you.