View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Hobbs talks in full to you guys....

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say you give someone the LAG or TAG label. Can you give us an illustration or example of what you mean by this? What different skills does it take to play each style? Also, what did it take to jump from 2/4 to 3/6 to 5/10+? And what is keeping you from playing higher limits now? Do you review your hand histories for mistakes very often? What do you prefer, live or online? How about tournaments, are they worth your time? Thanks for your time.

[/ QUOTE ]
lots of Qs here.

A tag in general is what this forum thinks of as a good player and a LAG is a TAG expect he plays more hands and raises some hands TAGs limp with. A LAG also is spewy postflop bet/raise/reraising with draws and in general bluffing more.

the biggest thing moving from 2/4 to higher limits in getting used to the increase in aggresion. The TAGs no longer just play an ABC game so you need to get used to the possibilty that an action taken by them is not what the obvious answer would suggest. Also, the donks tend to more aggresive. Both of these facts make hand reading a much more important skill.

In generally don't play about the 10/20 to 20/40 range online because I don't play for a living and the monetary swings at those levels really stress me out and make me hate poker.

I much prefer playing live because live players suck really really bad. The only downside to playing live is that is probably not as profitable because the action is slower and you only can play one table.

lolDonkaments.