View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 07:04 PM

Default \"Don\'t forget the dealer\" - WTF?

Playing 5/10 PLO at the Aviation Club in Paris. I don't remember the exact hand, but basically, it was me heads up vs another guy, and very little dead money. We got all in for about 1.5K each on the flop and tabled our hands, it was something like top two+SD for me, top two+FD for him. Turn is a flush card, but we fill up on the river and split. We talk about it a little bit as the dealer is collecting the cards, and I express my relief, when the dealer interrupts me: 'Excuse me sir.. don't forget the dealer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]'.

W..T..F???? Hell, even if I win big it's up to me whether I want to tip. And I usually do, split pot or not. But 'don't forget the dealer'? WTF? I have never ever intentionally stiffed a dealer. Sometimes I get caught up in the excitement and forget, then several hands pass, and it's off my mind. Tough [censored] break. It happens, and while I think dealers deserve their tips, they don't deserve it enough to warrant asking for it.

Problem is, what am I gonna do? Antagonize a dealer? That can't be a smart thing to do, considering how much of your money passes through his hands. I know
I would be a little quicker to 'accidently' muck someones cards if I felt like it. There's plenty of room for dealers to screw you, even within the rules (especially in Paris where they have no cameras [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). Similarly, there's plenty of room for them to make life a little easier for you, without being dishonest of course. That's worth a couple extra bucks to me.