View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 03:50 AM

Default Re: help ! how should i have played my KQs

1. No folding before the flop... I would've made the play you did, but calling is alright too.
2. You got 2 callers and your in the middle of them. when the SB bet I would've raised a big ammount. But calling isn't that bad. Then MP3 raises to 1100. SB folds. What do you do? you could push all-in. putting in 1600, if my math is right. I certainly think that you will be called here, I don't think he's going to believe you were slow-playing and will proabably call with any pair.
I like calling here, with the intention of going all-in on the next card. If you call your opponent will probably put you on two high cards or a flush draw, and he's right... but he doesn't know which high cards. If a king or a queen come you probably have the best hand. If a diamond comes you almost certainly have the best hand. If a jack or an ace comes you can push all-in and make him think that it hit you, he's more likely to fold now than on the flop. Also if a ace a jack or a 9 comes you have more outs with strait draws. What if a bad card comes? just check and try for a free card, if he moves all-in call him... you'll be getting the right odds.
3. The turn: The jack is a great card for you, and you should certainly move all-in right now (I think checking is a very big mistake here). This play will probably confuse your opponent and he will have to make a guess at what to do. He may guess wrong.

I'm not saying you have to play the hand this way, its just a creative play that i think is better than shoving you chips in on the flop. If he has trips, then he has trips.... that's poker, and you still have outs.