View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Video Tutorial #4: NL25 6-max

[ QUOTE ]
"I can feel your pain playing these stakes..."

No kidding. Now imagine 2-3x that pain when you're card dead...

Moving up and looking forward to the next level of pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to make clear that i don't believe that higher stakes are easier because people are more predictable and more readable. It would be very silly of me to imply that (and understand that's not what you meant.). But do strongly believe that small stakes are *very* beatable for the simple reason that players make far too many mistakes preflop and postflop. Someone mentioned that at other times during the day the tables become very tight, am not sure if that's true but even if it is, by adapting a more aggressive style (see my other videos) you can pick up those blinds and steal pots with position and consistantly reach a good winrate. Many of you might think this is all very obvious stuff but I've heard so many times things like "How am I supposed to win, when these donkeys call all the way down and hit their 2 pairs on the river" that I have to make this clear; you *want* opponents like this, but you have to select a strategy that works best against this style. And this is the style I've tried to convey in my video.