Thread: TLDR Beer Club
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Black Mountain Brewery: \"Cave Creek Chili Beer\"

Well, I didn't think it tasted all that bad, it just wasn't what it could be. However, I find it pretty funny that you make an assertion in the form of:

There are two different kinds of _______, American style, and ________ style...

And then you finish it by saying the American style is better? Whoa! That's not something you hear every day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I do trust that there are better versions of the English style out there, though, but I can't say I'll be all that anxious to look them up.

I've still got a number of beers to review from my last shopping trip. I've gotta do a Belgian-style golden ale round up, and I've got a few stray beers from North Coast and Unibroue to do. After that, I'm not sure what I'm gong to do. I might pick up a batch of Maerzens or Bocks to try out something I'm not really familiar with. I've also been meaning to do a round up of fairly inexpensive brown ales to see if anything can knock Brooklyn Brown off its throne as my favorite every day staple beer. Anyone ny other ideas for styles of beer you'd like to hear about, or selected beers I should look up?