View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Raising then folding AJ pre-flop - pathetic or heroic?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably wouldn't raise with it to begin with

[/ QUOTE ]
What would you do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I realize I may be in the minority here but I would just call in that situation. I can understand wanting to raise to chase out others behind you, but in MP+1 I would still be worried about having numerous people behind me still yet to act. If I was in LP or on the button and it hadn't been raised I would definitely raise it up. Also, if it were suited I would probably raise in that spot. I just don't like the offsuitedness of the hand. In no way am I saying it's the "right" play, but that's typically how I play it. As I said though, I consider myself a very tight player.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to raise it, you are better off folding it. By open/limping you invite hands like 9T or Q9 or whatever rags they have in the blinds to suck up on you. AJo is not the hand you want to play with many players in the pot. About worrying the other players act after you - well, this is the part of the game, they WILL act after you most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. When I was talking about players acting behind me I was thinking more along the lines of getting re-raised with, what I consider, not a premium hand. Then again, maybe that's just me overthinking things...