View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Hand 2 of 2 vs. same guy

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. If you don't, you should checkraise the flop. If you don't, you should checkraise the turn. If you don't, you should checkraise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: You might be right.

Flop: I considered a check-push here, repping a combo draw. I do that with two-pair and with sets on boards with combo draws with some regularity. But, two things deterred me: a) the depth of the stacks was such that it would be a sizeable overbet. I wasn't going to c/r to 800 and then fold to a push in this spot. If I c/r, I like all-in the best. But, if I'm crushed, It's a lot to put in to find that out, and if I'm ahead, he has a lot of outs on the flop. Plus, the overbet nature makes it more likely that I'll push out AA and AK (not that I always will), which of course I don't want to do.

Turn: I thought even moreso that c/r'ing the turn after c/c'ing the flop was such a powerful line that it'd fold out the hands I was beating, and get called by everything I wasn't. When I called the turn, I mentally committed my stack to any non-A, -K, -T, and possibly 9 river.

River: I doubt I get a c/r in here against any hand I want to, except a 3rd barrel bluff. I didn't expect a bluff at all, so I don't see the point. That said, I don't like what I did. I guess that leaves a smaller bet.