View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Hand 2 of 2 vs. same guy

Hi everyone,

For everyone saying fold pre-flop, how deep do the stacks need to be before you call 115 here? I don't mind calling 5% here, even with QJs OOP, but I guess that's too loose. I'm generally super-cautious about dominated hands, and in this hand, I basically was looking for a big flop, but I got one just a tad smaller than I wanted.

Also, I think it's my fault for the way I set up the question, but just to be clear, Villain wasn't pushing me around at all. I never had a hand that I would think about tangling with, until the KK in Hand 1. I didn't have a ton of respect for Villain's play (not that he was bad, just that he wasn't especially tricky or tough--mostly straightforward aggression), so I felt OK about taking a flop with a dicey hand. I expected him to bet it for me a couple of times, so being OOP didn't seem as serious. Still, he seemed reasonable, and I felt like c/c flop, c/r-shoving the turn would accomplish nothing good, since I couldn't see him folding KQ or calling with AK (maybe with AA).

I mostly have a problem with my river bet; as samo said, I think a weak lead would be a good alternative. He'd be hard-pressed to get away from Aces or AK for 500, and he might do something crazy. And of course, I go broke to a set anyway.