View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 01:48 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP ME Broadcast on ESPN Thread (Days 1A + 1B)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ROFL

All-in on a K-J-Tr

"You got the flush?"

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I can't believe none of you guys realized he asked, "You got the flush draw?" The "...draw" part got chopped off when he saw his opponent turn over the straight before he could finish his sentence.

First of all, it wasn't KJTr, it was K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

This is something donkeys do all the time -- he bets out with top 2, gets raised, 3-bets, and his opponent comes over the top all-in. Instead of folding, he puts the guy on the only hand that would push that is behind top 2: that's a flush draw (Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] might do this, with the OESD + 2nd nut flush draw; also, A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] might do this with the nut flush draw and gutshot). So he calls and says (praying) "you got the flush- draw?" But after "flush-" the guy turns over Q9 so Top 2 just shakes his head and prays for his 4 outer, which the gods are nice enough to give him.

I'm not saying the guy isn't a fish -- clearly he is -- but at least he knows that you need 5 spades, not 4, for a flush.