View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Suited Connectors, Implied Odds, and You (Theory/Math)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow - crazy math. I hope you apply this analysis instead of just leaving it at this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, I just need someone like Pokey to help me figure out how to do that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
So, basically, it's a 12% chance (~7.5:1) to flop something you'll want to shove.

So, it's near the 6.5:1 that a pocket pair gives you, plus the little something extra for flopping the other kinds of draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to make the point that thinking this way is dangerous; if you get it in on the flop with a set you'll lose 1 out of 10 times, but if you get it all in on the flop with the made hands/combo draws you flop with SCs, you'll lose your stack 1 out of 3 times. For this reason, even though the odds of flopping a made hand/combo draw is about the same as flopping a set, you need better implied odds to call with SCs to account for the times you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but won't those EXTRA times when you flop a regular draw and able to play it profitably add some extra equity to your hand? Almmost to the point where SC equity ALMOST equals to the PP4SET equity?...

(I'm just wondering, not REAL big on math...)

Aslo, somewhat OT - what does "tl;dr" stand for? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]