View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 12:42 AM

Default Re: More controversy -- river bet-call with 3PBK

[ QUOTE ]
wow i really hate ur river bet. what do you beat here? i cant imagine ace high makes up enough of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 3-ways and Button (my main target with the valuebet since I think the other will have a hand weaker than Jx very often given his general aggression) will call with any pocket pair, any 4, and occasionally Ace high. I've seen him calldown with KQ-high on monotone boards when he held none of the specific suit. He's a pretty big payoff station. HU I think I can check to induce but I felt at the time that with the station protecting the pot I put myself into an icky position when MP bets and Button calls, because MP will still make retarded bluffs and station will still call with a wide range, but I'm not sure that my hand good nearly as often when it goes check-bet-call (and I should fold, as helpmeout suggested) than when I do the betting msyelf. Of course, then I get myself in this spot, and...

What's the weakest hand everyone who suggests checking the river would bet here, 3-ways, against this lineup?

Rob