View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Tutorial Video #3: 100NL 6-max

I just watched a little bit of the video. I saw 2 hands which I think you could have played better.

1. UTG limps, You raise 5 otb w/ T9o, only UTG calls (pf is good). The flop comes TT7dd. UTG checks and you bet 7 into a pot of 11. I think you need to be atleast 9. UTG is pretty much either calling or folding so I think your missing some value (and letting him to draw to cheaply). You also want to inflate the pot so you can get more money in on the turn.

2. You (UTG) raise w/ KQs and weak player calls in SB. Flop comes KKJdd. Check, you bet 3/4 pot he calls. Turn is a blank, check you bet 3/4 pot he calls. River is another blank. He checks and you make a very small value bet of 15 into a pot of ~50. This guy has called you down 3 streets before. You should bet no less then 30 on the river (35-40 is probably optimal). Remember this guy didn't believe that you would play trips fast on the TT7 board and stacked off when the river gave him another 7 (I think he would have called down river anyway).

Thats pretty much all I watched.