View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Tutorial Video #3: 100NL 6-max

Great video, very helpful and i agree on 'you-talking-funny'-comment in an earlier thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

2 questions though:

At some point you step back a lil' bit from raising the utg-limpers since they are inclined to call the raise frequently. And there you stop. Just questioning if stepping back is necessary if people tend to call your raises a lot but play very tight from the flop and a CBet usually takes down the pot anyway. Here the opponents in play seemed to call your bets in a rather loose manner with marginal flopped hands, so i can see you wouldn't be happy to have that situation with a so-so hand. But still, does your opinion apply for both categorys or just the latter?

On the 96865 flop with you holding K6 of diamonds, you remarked at the end raising flop or turn probably would be fine as well, as i can see but didn't you miss a serious valuebet? Seems to me he'd be inclined to call a reasonable bet as you could very well represent a busted flushdraw, as well as a straight(given how you played) wich would make him hesitant to bluff-checkraise giving you a pretty easy fold if he does?

Thanks for the vid and any input,

regards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ,