View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Canadian (non US)players, what are you doing with your pokerstars FPPs

[ QUOTE ]
They offer poker to a worldwide audience they should offer their FPP store items to a worldwide audience end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point. Pokerstars is not based in the US yet most of the items are available only for the US. I asked PS support asking if I could get gift cards to some canadian retailers. Scotty responded to me that "they were willing to try" and that they have dificulty making requests if you're outside the US for things like gift cards. They much rather you send in proof of payment and they credit your account and remove the amount of points required. This is fine but such a complete hassle it's not even funny.
If they can get gift cards to US retailers why is it all of a sudden difficult to do the same in Canada or any non US nation? The only logical explaination I could come up with is that they buy the gift cards in volume and get discounted that way as most of their customers is based in the US. If you're not from the US, they don't make the extra effort to get it for you.