View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 04:15 AM

Default Greedy dealer or cheap grinder? (toke involved)

Background: I consider myself an average to slightly generous tipper. Always at least 5% MTT, 1$/hand including most blind steals, $2 for cocktails or complicated drinks like iced coffee, julius etc (BTW they have both of these at Borgata now).

So I am playing a 250+20 SNG which is chopped three ways and I get $400 or +$130. First and second tip $75 and $50 respectively and the SNG only lasts 1:20, same dealer whole time. I figure I am only liable to $7 or 5% of winnings since the buy-in was such a large percent. I see the dealer already made $125 for an hours work and I don't have any one dollar bills so I drop a finsky in the box and I am done with it. Dealer says "man you won $400 and your only tipping $5" I explain that I actually won $130 and he did better for the hour than I did without risking $270. Dealer persists (I thought he might have been joking around at first). I was quite pissed but calmly waited for my money and rolled out without furthur argument.

My assertion is that the dealers in SNGs don't even deserve 5% of the price pool for an hours work as they are already getting $16 hour. I am actually considering tipping less next time. Is it just me or is dealer's time not worth $100/hour? Am I a cheap grinder or was this dealer out of line?