View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on this hand

[ QUOTE ]
I like almost all elements of this scenario. The PFR-er is in early position, so only UTG could be sandbagging. As you pointed out, CO is short-stacked, so you will likely be putting much less of your stack at risk than your raise implies. Your draw fares well against a bare set or two pair. Your meta-game points are well taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking as well. I didn't really see anyone else mention that first point and I think it's pretty important. Lots of people will go for the c/r on the pfr, but most of the players had the opportunity to bet after the pfr checked and they all checked.

You're in the perfect spot to force those other draws to fold, tho I think you may get called some of the time by players who don't bet the flop with stronger draws but will call.

Someone said something like meta-game stuff doesn't matter at 200. That's completely wrong. I'm not sure how much this hand had to do with the winnings afterwards, but players will certainly notice. If you can exploit this image, it's great.

Good thread and posts, pjn.