View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Re: new to omaha, please berate my play

Hand 1. I wouldn't call with this hand preflop. Although you're probably not the favorite, you've got the right odds to go all in after the flop.

Hand 2. Again, I don't call before the flop. A hand like QJT7 is much stronger. After the flop I fold. If I call, I check the turn to keep the pot small. As played, fold to the checkraise - always. There's no way you have the best hand.

Hand 3. Again, fold preflop. High cards look good but the 2 is useless and you don't have any suits. Flop & turn played correctly. Check the river.

Hand 4. Played correctly up to the river - always check a straight when the board pairs!

Hand 5. I would fold to the raise. This is a lot different than the other wrap draws you've had. A lot of your outs aren't to the nuts, and you could be in really bad shape.

Hand 6. Reraise preflop usually means aces. River bet here probably means aces full. You can't even consider calling without at least the nut flush.

Hand 7. Only reason to raise preflop here is to buy yourself position & hopefully steal the blinds. Small pairs and small suited cards are very weak in omaha. Whether I call on the flop depends on the player.

Hand 8. This hand is worthy of a raise preflop. I would check the river.