View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 03:49 AM

Default Re: new to omaha, please berate my play

Use twodimes or such to check yr equity on all these hands.

Hand 1.

You have 13 outs, you are a dog to top set random sidecards, but with the random all-in you may make some money. It's not bad - maybe you could check call - may encourage other limpers to call.

Don't raise EP with this - it's a bit junky.
You have just an eight high flush; I think the flop call is OK. You have to fold to the turn CR irrespective of your read on the OP. You have zero pot odds if you are drawing dead - you can only beat a bluff.

Flop & turn fine.
River: some weak tight players have a big prob. playing the nuts out of pos. in PLO. If you are new to PLO, try checking the river in these spots before you start value betting. Also, no need to go all in unless you a) know the OP has the same hand, b) think there's a good chance he'll fold, because C) you will often only be called by a better hand.

Fold PF until you have played more hands. You will rarely hit the nuts and your flush draw is weak.
Otherwise same as #3.

On the river you are losing unless OP is idiot who thinks trip As are good.

You played this really badly - you have gone all-in on a hand that isn't drawing to the nuts. You need a Q at least, preferably KQ, along with the T8, to justify an all-in.

Don't raise this junk PF. River a clear fold.

I have only read the first line of this hand, you are out of line, you should fold this crap - especially as you learn. Shoot, I can't go on anymore - please just post individual hands from now on - like everybody else.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]