View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 01:50 AM

Default Re: QQ Deep vs Ph1LLeDINGUE

db, if you get to the river, i think you MUST check to induce, and call.

even if he is thinking, the action you suggested makes it pretty clear that your hand is weak, and he will no doubt try to blow you right off of it.

If you think he has his bluff frequencies down really friggin good, and know that you can't call a river bet even though he's probably bluffing, and that you can't know if he would check behind worse than QQ here etc - then you should have folded the flop. but I think when he is playing this game he isn't looking to time his bluffs perfectly.

If he is anything like my tilt-load-ssnl-tables mode, he isn't trying to win money - he is trying not to just burn through buyins. but if you show weakness, he will pounce.

an easy way to know if i'm close in this is to see what his range is to call preflop reraises - I bet it's damn close to 100%, which means he is going to have to blow you off your hand. He isn't gonna call a raise with 57o just to check fold everything but an oesd or two pair.

on further reflection, i don't think i'd really want to mess around with the variance of calling him down so deep, so IRL i'm check/folding the flop.