View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 12:39 AM

Default Re: MFSoaMFP Opening

Just got back from this.

**Spoilerish**

Although it wasn't perfect I was so happy with this movie. Maybe in some ways it couldn't fail. During parts that were really bad I laughed and during parts that were really good I laughed.

The opening I think set it up perfectly though because you can tell from the opening title that they are not taking themselves seriously with this movie which is very important. Another vital part I thought was the audience which everyone may not be so fortunate to have, but you could tell these were the hardcore internet fans. It wasn't a huge audience, but they got noisy at the right times. During the really gruesome bites the crowd would go crazy and of course when Jackson busted out the MF snakes line the crowd went nuts for a good minute.

I really loved it when people would yell stuff at the perfect time. Noone ruined the movie by yelling a lot, but a few well placed yells were awesome. When Jackson asked "Who is going to fly this plane" someone in front of me goes SAMUEL L JACKSON! Then a few moments later when Kenan steps up to fly someone else goes KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAN. Maybe you had to be there, but it was awesome.

Jackson had some great looks and some of my favorite moments were
"Us people?"
and
"gunna go down faster than a Thai hooker"

Really this was an awesome experience although after opening night and the rabid crowds I'm not sure it quite match tonight. Even after all the hype it was worth it. Thanks Snakes on a Plane and Samuel L Jackson for one awesome night.