View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Favorite Threads and Links for STT FAQ v.3 (long)

[ QUOTE ]

I’ve organized the threads as follows:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for a very nice effort, here.

However, I'm gonna start moving all-in every post, because some of my posts are getting too much respect at this table. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Honestly, I'm going to point out some of my own posts which have been listed here that I think aren't really of sufficient quality to be included along with the rest.

[ QUOTE ]

Let's kick this one around a little: the much-maligned minraise...

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this quite some time ago, mainly to stir the pot a bit and be contrarian, because this sometimes can shed some light on profitable roads less travelled. While I did succeed in my aim of stirring the pot, I'm not sure the thread really produced anything definitive that has stood the test of time. I don't think it belongs on a short list, and maybe not on the long list, either.

[ QUOTE ]

pot odds and such

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I think this is a fairly unremarkable post compared to some of the others on the list.

[ QUOTE ]

Nash Equilibrium Heads Up???

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't my post, but I assume it stems from my all-in/fold HU simulation work. "Nash Equilibrium" is a fairly obscure game theory idea that is going to go over the heads of the vast majority of the audience. I wouldn't put this on the short list, either.

[ QUOTE ]

self-balanced hand rankings

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is a little weak when it comes to practical application at the table, IMO. In retrospect, it's a little bit more of a mathematical curiosity than something people should be investing too much time learning or memorizing.

Ok, that finishes up my comments for now.

I think you've done a very nice job, here. I'm just doing my part to help pare it down to the real gems. You've got a great start.

eastbay