View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Re: What\'s wrong with American women or the \"I\'m so special\" syndrome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brien (Bartels): My ex-husband turned gay best friend. We met via the Libertarian Party during the 2000 election campaign. We were both on the hunt for a spouse, discovered that we had a ton in common, and after a speedy courtship we married in January 2001, five weeks after our first date. Our marriage lasted for a little over a year and a half, until Brien finally realized that he was actually (in his words) "GAY GAY GAY". We split up in late 2002 but remain best friends.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, this explains a lot. She didn't put "must be straight" in her first list of demands, so she gave it an update.

EDIT: from her blog

"Some people seem to think that this post is a bit harsh and/or arrogant. I'm sorry if I've offended you, but I'm also really sick of getting e-mailed several times a week by delusionally hopeful men who read my blog and think because I am *their* dream girl that I'll therefore want them too. Too often they act crushed when I reject them, which I feel bad about, but if they had stopped to consider whether they had as much to offer me as I have to offer them then they might have had more realistic expectations."

Girl Power! FWIW, I don't see this attitude in women very often. One of my exes had a similar attitude, but couldn't figure out why all her bf's dumped her "out of the blue" (including me.) It's because she was a controlling psycho.

ScottieK