Thread: Der Untergang
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Der Untergang

This film rules. Once I saw that Bruno Ganz was playing Hitler, I knew that at least that job would be well done. He is an actor that many people need to check out, he almost always hits it big on his acting.

What I liked most about this film was showing Hitler's descent into pure madness. As teh war dragged on, him thinking that everyone was betraying him if they didn't do what he wanted down to a tee. His thinking that because Speer wanted to sign a treaty, so that more germans wouldn't die, meant that Speer was really a spy and now a Traitor, to me really showed how crazy he had gotten. What really got me about this film was that Traudl Junge was just a normal girl from a decent background and she was swept up by Hitler's rhetoric and wanted to be a good german in Hitler's eyes. IMO that really shows how much the germans wanted to believe in him and how he inspired them, and also how easy it can be when a powerful person who knows how to speak the right way at the right time can so greatly influence an entire nation.