View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 08:13 PM

Default LA OOTer Foodies, I need your help!!!

The Sucker here, checking in:

I am searching for the following two restaurants in the Los Angeles area:

1. Down-home Greek food. I'm talking straight-up family-style, really good stuff. DO NOT send me to some trendy place - this should be great stuff cooked the way my Greek Grandmother would have done it, had I ever had a Greek Grandmother. Undertand? Paper plates are OK, and may actually be a plus.

2. The best Pastrami sandwich in LA. This should be self-explanatory, but with some of you guys I never know. I'm talking a Pastrami sandwich the way my Jewish Grandfather from the Bronx would make it, and I did have one of those. Understand?

It's absolutely critical that you guys help me out on this one and not disappoint. If you have a few places, let me know, but it would be helpful if the places were in or near the north end of town. I know I can always count on you guys to do this, and the NYC contingent did not disappoint the last time I went with this plan. Also note that I do not need to know fancy-schmancy restaurants, because I already go to as many of those as I need up here in the Bay Area. Thanks in advance.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]