View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 02:33 AM

Default Re: AJs blind resteal becomes icky

It comes down to how you evaluate his range. If you've been reraising him constantly and he's been showing down a fairly wide range/less than premiums, this flop has to be bet at. He could well be calling you with something like QJs or 98s, and you need to protect your hand. Catch is, all these draws, QJs, 98s, or Axs are all coinflips and a decent player should be playing them exactly like a set/2-pair here (yay FE...).

If his range is mostly PP (and he's fairly aggro/floats), then I like a SNG. You'll catch some extra money from weaker PP, and you'll hopefully take it down on the turn.

IMHO, turning your hand into a bluff here really isn't that bad. In this situation, OOP and reraised, if money starts flying, this is not a hand you can show down and reasonably expect to win. It does have some very good showdown value, but honestly, I'd be happier taking it down either here or on the turn. Really, I can't see many hands willing to call you down in a RR pot that you beat.

So as I see it, either villian's range is something you can extract one last bet from (SNG), or villian's range is something that needs protection from (and those are all coinflips and will play like monsters). Decide if you want to showdown and then play to get there cheap or if you want to take it down now and bet hard.