View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Check Raise bluffing

1)

How often do you guys checkraise pure bluff? For instance, you defend in the BB with 98, flops are

i) A72 rainbow
- rarely. depends on my image and my history with the stealer. I usually have really bad players one (and hopefully 2) to my right, so i don't run many(any) pure bluffs vs them. Against a TAGy player this is a decent spot to c/r but many at 10/20-30/60 are advanced enough to do weird things like 3betting KJ.

ii) A72 twotone
- almost never. Thinking players are more likely to put me on unpaired since i'm c/r'ing FDs here anyway, along with Ax, 7x, and 2pr/sets.

iii) J66 rainbow
- rarely. The types of guys who raise 40%+ of their hands typically peel one or two streets with as little as King-high and def call down A-hi, so it's kind of counterproductive in most instances.

iv) J66 twontone
- almost never, see above.

v) K72 rainbow
- same as A72

vi) K72 twotone
- same as A72

2)

I c-f that flop unless A) villain gives too many free cards(rare) B) I'm planning on making a play when a favorable card hits.

In terms of restealing...
Overcards are obvious "steal" spots, something like a 7 or 5 is a bit more convincing depending on your opponent's tendencies.

Donking is a good option because it's cheap, and is a headache to deal with. Many will make curiosity calldowns, though.

Surf