Thread: TLDR Beer Club
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Black Mountain Brewery: \"Cave Creek Chili Beer\"

I have just returned from a trip down to Raleigh, and I've come back with a brief beer review. I was out at a wine bar where I mostly drank what turned out to be mediocre wine for too much money. However, I saw that this place had the Allagash Belgian White on tap. While I felt a little guilty getting beer at a wine bar, I knew as documented in this thread, that they put out good beer. I had to try it. I don't actually know how much I paid for it, since I had a tab open, and my final recipt wasn't itemized.

Taking a sip of this, I pretty quickly saw that this was the best Belgian white I've had to date. It's just a hair sweeter than most, but not overly so -- not as much as some Belgian golden ales or tripels. It has fantastic flavors of wheat, orange, coriander, a little clove, a little banana, and it had a great, refreshing finished. Some guy I was with who also ordered it said he liked Hoegaarden better, but I think he's crazy and doesn't have great taste. I award this beer [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and a half [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].