View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Is it still a \"suckout\" even if the card was free?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker winnings come from other peoples mistakes. His mistake was not betting the nuts (Set of K) after the flop. He should have bet half/all the pot so the odds are not there to call your draw.

Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your telling me your laying down a nut straight draw with 2 cards to come even if your not getting pot odds to make the play?... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]...hell fire would I love to play poker against someone who does it entirely by the book... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I would love to play poker against someone who calls potsized bets in raised pots with a gutshot.

OP raised to $15 preflop in this hand, meaning the pot was about $45 on the flop. If villain had potted the flop, OP would be getting 2:1 to call on a draw that was worse than 10:1 to hit, thus a call would be a mistake according to the FTOP (a ten is hero's only out against a set of kings). In a 1-2 game, hero is very unlikely to have the implied odds needed to make this call, even if he stacks villain every time he hits his draw. 11 out of ten times, hero will lose $45, meaning he has to win almost $500 ($495 actually) to profit on his call. No way is he winning that much everytime in a 1-2 game, as villain's stack was likely much less than $500.