View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
I was prompted to d/l ver. 39 this morning, which I did. Then when it was done installing it said I needed to set the database (which was all previously done and working fine), I said ok, it wanted a password, which I gave, it then needed to know where to look I guess as it popped up with some of my SS programs. Having no clue what to do, I clicked on PT Agg and it started to appear to do something. PT Agg is open and a timer is clicking down from 60 seconds to 0, which when it's done starts all over again, with no new info or stats in the window, New players, New Stat Records etc are all still at zero and the timer keeps starting over when it runs down to zero. Is this what it's suppose to be doing? Did I do something wrong? Some instructions would have been nice for those of us that are computer illiterate :P It's now been running 12 minutes, but doesn't appear to be accomplishing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, sorry, I thought I had it setup to automatically remember the "old way" it was configuration databases and convert that to the "new way". Doing auto-detection of your databases though is the safe way to set it up.

I think I need to add another popup dialog to explain what its doing. It was asking for where your PokerTracker folder was so that it could scan for Access databases. You might want to run auto-detection again to have that work. If you gave it the wrong folder, you'll need to delete that line out of your "SixthSenseClient configuration settings" file.

Opening up PTAgg is not a problem if that's what you want. Just set the checkboxes in the Config menu to what you want to use. PTAgg will make scoring faster *once it completes its first scan*, which can take a long while.

One it completes its first scan, it just does a rescan every 60 seconds. If the first scan was very fast, something was probably wrong, and you need to do a "Configure Databases" again.

Sorry, our docs and website are lagging behind the code. But we'll correct that soon.

Let me know how that works for you.

-Ben