View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
1) Why does PTAGG automatically detect PT DBs now? I don't like that one bit. I have old DBs that I keep around to view stats for some time, but which I don't want figuring into how I presently select tables...I also have a lot of non-Party DBs...I don't want PTAGG to spend any time looking at those (unless it takes a quick look and sees they're not party DBs so ignores them). The previous method was just fine -- how much easier can you get then a set of checkboxes?? Why change it?

EDIT: oh, wait, you're talking about SS there, not PTAGG...I see...well same question goes then I guess...SS isn't going to automatically assume you want to use ALL the DBs on your hard drive is it?

2) You should also make it so that SS "remembers" the ordering of the tables it finds, and MORE IMPORTANTLY the order of the Player Fields if the user switches them around (like I did). E.g. I like the lower PLAYERS window to show Player/VPIP/HANDS/Fish as the first 4 columns...so I drag and drop them how I want, but when i close down SS and reopen it, they're back in the default positions...same goes for the upper window...I wanted them always sorted by Table stakes (aka Limit)...whatever the settings are when the user closes SS should be how SS appears when it's re-opened.

p.s. i'm finally getting SS to work like i want it to...good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the way it works now works best for everyone. The automatic detection should just be for new users, and now works with SS instead of just in PTAgg. So the reason for the change was to make it easier on new user setup.

What you want to do is just setup SS to use whatever db's you want to score from. And now PTAgg will automatically use the same dbs to aggregate from. In the "Configure Databases" menu, only databases that are checked will actually be used for scoring/aggregated.

If you do an "Automatic Detection", it finds all of the PokerTracker Access and Postgres databases it can find. You can then un-check whichever ones you don't want it to use. Again, this is the easiest way for new users.

I will add "Remember Sorting" and "Remember column ordering" to the to-do list.

Glad you like it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Ben