View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Jamie Gold...Worst Possible Winner?

And from a "poker" perspective Bryan, let's go down the list:

I would take Gold over Richard Lee, Dan Nassif, and Rhett Butler by about 100 miles, as they are all middle aged and old donks, one of which has a fetish for the Alamo and the other two were the nits that I always saw at Turning Stone.

"Anyone old"
-hes not exactly old

"Anyone who didn't speak english"
-hes got that covered

"Anyone who didn't want to represent the game"
-if u understand that hes an agent for a living and is behind the scenes, then u can understand that in his line of work why there would be some initial doubt that would go along with the celebrity of representing the game.

"Anyone rich"
-I think this is ludicrous. I would rather see a rich man win and give the money towards people with Lou Geighrigs and those who cannot eat than some tard with a 15k bankroll now be set for life and put all the money towards excess and zero contribution to society. just another reason i hate poker. but i'm digressing.

"Anyone who represented themself very poorly at the table"
-gold was guilty of this a little, but how is he that much worse than daniel N.? it's gamesmanship, big deal. its not like he's like Bigler, berating people, or like Hellmuth or Matusow just straight being a-holes.

"Anyone who would cause "average people" to dislike them at the table."
-this didnt seem to be the case, if u would ask technologic, and though hes an insane starcraft duke azn-nerd I would consider him fairly "average"