View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 09:44 PM

Default Hate it or Love it

Trying to get a handle on my play and it seems that hands like this go my way when I'm winning but I can't win for the life of me when I'm on a down swing. I'd like some critique to let me know what ya'll think:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

After reading alot here, I decided that it would be better to raise or fold. AJ suited would be weak if it was capped but in watching the table I didn't think it would be and I figured I had position.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

At worst I figured I had the 4 queens and a backdoor flush for my outs. I discounted the A. I wasn't sure if I should bet here or not. I was the pre-flop agressor and betting might keep me on the lead for the turn if I need a free card. It also builds the pot to make it better equity for following my outs and might get an Ax to fold to open up my A.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Another iffy play. The 5 gives me one more to the backdoor flush so it helped but was it enough to take a free card here? 4 outs for the Q's, and 8 outs for the flush leaves me 1:2.83 to improve. With 6.75BB in the pot I can stand a re-raise and still have odds so I bet and sure enough got raised.

River: (10.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Nothing really to be said on the river, I hit the nuts with the river card and didn't get much action.

MP2 is now at 14% vp$ip, 9% raise after 34 hands though this happened on my first orbit. You get a bit of hindsight I didn't have. At the .5/1 tables I tend to treat people like fish till the show me they aren't one. Table is 29% vp$ip (not including my action)