View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: facing massive overbet on flop with second pair

If Full Tilt had a time bank, I think I would've been able to fold after considering his entire range and looking at notes more closely. As it was, I had a tough decision at another table at the same time, and decided that he must be on a draw (I hadn't seen him overbet any hand at all - made or draws) and that I was willing to take a coinflip more or less to become chip leader. As others said, I needed a much stronger read to make this play. As it turned out, he had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for TPTK and the nut flush draw, and I was drawing to two 8's while avoiding flush, which I didn't hit.

Here's a new question then - whose play was worse? His pushing for 3x pot with a monster hand, or my call? His push is pretty unlikely to induce a call (when I'm thinking more clearly) given my opening range from CO with a big stack. If you were him, how would you play that flop? Check/raise my likely cb, lead into me hoping I raise his possible steal attempt so he can then push, other?. Anyway, pretty poorly played all around I think - thanks for comments.