View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Defeating Jon Kyl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
while Pederson's position on online gambling isn't known it's hard to imagine him being worse than Kyl on the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would gladly donate some funds if I knew he was against banning online gambling. If someone knows about his stance on this isssue please let us know. If many of us donate a little bit of money, and let him know why, that could be a strong statment.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a lot of us contact Pederson we may get a response.

Here's a copy of an email I sent him today that you can feel free to use yourself. It's not perfect, but we might hear back from him if we make a big enough deal about this.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Mr. Pederson,

As you probably are aware, your opponent Jon Kyl has made banning online gambling a top priority of his. I am one of the legion of poker players who believes Kyl's endeavor to be foolhardy. Kyl's proposed law is hypocritical in that it allows some forms of online gambling to be legal (like horse betting), but others illegal (like poker); and the proposed legislation would only serve to drive consumers away from gambling venues that are regulated by bodies like the London Stock Exchange and toward criminal enterprises.

The reason I am contacting you about this is because I want to know where you stand on this issue. Do you support regulation of internet gambling, an outright ban, or leaving it alone? Poker players constitute a large portion of the population and the recent actions by the House of Representatives have caused us to become more politically aware than one might expect. Taking a stand against Kyl on this issue will garner support for your campaign among typically apolitical gamblers.

Best Wishes,

My Name

[/ QUOTE ]