View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: If you were from a different galaxy.....

[ QUOTE ]

In order to answer this question, should the respondents have been fully exposed to all the teachings of the major and minor organized religions?

Because I'm sorry, I can't answer, other than to say that I hope I would come to a logical conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are more likely to be correct (in an absolute sense) than incorrect in your statement.

However, even considering that, I'm not sure that should stop us in our tracks.

It is true that I am making some quantum assumptive leaps here...for example, by characterizing Gort a a single being, and then translating that thought to our discussions puts us in the difficult position that you define above.

If only one of us was attempting this task, it's very likely that we would dead-end somewhere, based upon our inability to gather/absorb/process all the data.

It might not be an unrealistic task however, should a collective of people, with expertise in different religions were to attempt the same task.

I'm not sure....what do you think?

FWIW, if the above by me is gibberish....please chalk it up to me responding during my lunch break and not having as much time as I'd like to think about it.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]