View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Re: General advice on moving to online play

If you're playing NL, most people like to keep a bankroll of 20-35 full buyins for the particular stakes they are playing. So, if you're playing 100 NL, and you have $3,000, you're adequately rolled (and even overrolled in most people's eyes). You should not worry about what % of your bankroll each table represents, just play an amount of tables you are comfortable with that won't overwhelm you. The advice of playing more than one table is very good advice as the better hands come along more often because you are playing 3,4,5 or more times the hands per hour as you would at one table. Most everyone remotely serious about online poker multitables for this reason, as well as the fact that you can make more money if you're a winning player.

I hope my post helped some, good luck. One thing I have noticed, though, that I will leave you with: There are tons of fish online, but, in general, online is tougher than live play. That's not to say that you aren't a winning player at all, I'm just saying don't expect to run over the games online as you have your live games. Table selection is a very important part of your online career, and you should be aware of that as well as the other factors.