Thread: The Well: cts
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: The Well: cts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At what limit do you feel that straightforwardish ABC tight aggressive poker isn't enough to beat the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm, 25/50 maybe? I dunno I've never played higher than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you expound on this a little? Playing basic ABC TAG poker isn't that difficult, and I really doubt that the major factor keeping current SSNL grinders from beating 5/10 is the lack of a bankroll. From the hands I see played at MSNL limits, it seems like the games are much more aggressive and players with any kind of weak-tight tendencies (i.e. not contesting others' preflop raises enough, or not defending their own preflop raises with worse than top pair+ or a good draw, not being able to put your stack in with a draw or with air when you sense another player's weakness) will get run over; these aren't skills that people typically develop at lower limits.

How important do you think some of the more 'aggressive' plays are at a limit like $1/$2? For example, double-barrelling frequently, raising a wide range in CO/Button, semi-bluffing draws, bluff-raising c-bets (or bluff-3-betting a suspected bluff-raise), floating, 3-betting preflop in position with a wider range, etc.

Thanks for making this thread btw. I appreciate (and I'm sure all of the forum does too) that you've been posting in SSNL a bit recently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]