View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Devil Rays being babies

[ QUOTE ]
from espn:

[ QUOTE ]
Aug 5 - According to a report in the Boston Globe, outfielder Adam Stern or infielder Alejandro Machado is the player to be named in the trade that sent Javy Lopez from the Orioles to the Red Sox.

But Stern or Machado reportedly won't be joining the Orioles anytime soon because once both players are placed on waivers they will be claimed by the Devil Rays.

And once the players are claimed by Tampa Bay, the Red Sox will pull them off waivers, forcing Boston to keep the players until the end of the season.

The Globe reports the Devil Rays are incensed at the Red Sox for what Tampa Bay officials are convinced was illegal contact between Boston and the agent for infielder Julio Lugo, Dan Lozano, prior to the trading deadline, and before the Devil Rays traded Lugo to the Dodgers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't believe this is how they conduct business in the majors. i like what the tampa management team is doing with player discipline and roster management, but this is just childish.

[/ QUOTE ]

They believe the Red Sox [censored] them in contract negotiations and trading, so they are [censored] them right back. I don't see where the problem is.

Regardless, not working these things out in advance causes the problems in the first place.