Old 08-05-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Back to limit, sanity check plz

Welcome back to LHE!!!

Now to your hands:

H1.
3-bet preflop and try to get it HU.
The rest looks OK to me.

H2.
You MUST check-raise the flop. You have a 2nd nut flush draw and 4 people called already!
Turn raise is OK: you have 9 outs to the flush and 2 outs to the str8 (9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] might give someone a flush). 11 outs on the turn means you'll win 24% of the times. With 4 callers the raise is +EV.

H3.
I don't like the raise PF, because against at least 6 callers I find AJo too weak. You bloat the pot and reduce your chances to protect your hand against draws later on.
I don't like your raise on the flop either: You don't protect your hand here (you lay 19:2) and I wouldn't regard that as a value raise since a str8 might be out already, there's also a flush draw and a K or Q will almost certainly beat you. There's also a good possibility that someone limped with a pocket pair of 88 or 77 and hit a set. You MIGHT raise for information, but even that is tainted, because the reraise might come from a flush draw (that you still beat right now). If that raise was for information, why don't you fold to the reraise or after the turn bet???
I'd fold to the river bet at the latest: He got 2 callers on his turn bet. Do you think he's bluffing on the river? Sure it's "only" 1 BB in a 18BB pot, but I would save that money.

End of check! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]