View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 10:40 PM

Default Re: 6-max starting hand considerations? LO8 1/2

Thanks guys....

I'm playing stars.

I have a number of fish I look for and have noted. I also note starting hand tendancies (mainly, does this person raise any A2? any AA? either? neither? autobets? etc.) for many players. There are also players to avoid--TAGs who rarely step off base--a couple of them on a table will cut into a session bad.

As far as table reads I look for a number of things. Avg flop% is big, and anything over 70% is pretty good, under 50% is to be avoided. For some reason I find complete morons who bet every street fairly often--even more than the .02/.04 LHE games I stated in! For that reason, avg pot size is maybe the biggest factor--and if a table is above $18 or so I start watching closely to see who is bloating the pots. If it's absurd, then I'll step in, play tight preflop, and wait for a big edge to win a monster. I also look at player stacks--I prefer tables where the avg stack is around $20-$30 (at least $10 less than the suggested buy in). Since most people buy in with $40, this generally means someone just robbed the table and left, and usually the game is pretty LPV. Also donks often buy in full stacked, lose it, then throw another $20 on the table. I avoid games where everyone has more than $60 or so because I interpert it as a sharktank.

The variance is pretty huge no matter what I do though. I've probably lost the whole buy in 4 times so far and doubled the buy in at least that many times. I play 2 tables, and somtetimes after an hour into it I'll have doubled up one table and lost it all on the other. I guess that's just how it is in LO8.