View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 11:16 AM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

Hey Surf,

I've been vegetarian since late March. My protein comes from tofu and shakes (Myoplex original RTD). I've been in Las Vegas for 5 weeks and haven't worked out at all since arriving. Before I came here, I did some occasional cardio and weights but didn't really stick with a consistent schedule, due to laziness.

On March 21st I was 256. This morning I am 226. If I were more committed to workouts, no doubt I'd be a lot further ahead.

I went vegetarian not because I give a crap about fuzzy little animals, but essentially because I was addicted to fast food. I figured vegetarianism gave me a principle around which to organize my eating habits, and made it very difficult to go anywhere for fast food (though I eat at Taco Bell four to seven times a week). I get way more protein than the government RDA and haven't lost any muscle mass at all.

A nice side benefit is that I've opened up the range of foods that my palate responds to; foods I never even considered eating before, like a lot of ethnic foods.

Anyway, good luck. Maybe I'll see you around Vegas some time.