View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 06:50 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

[ QUOTE ]
rogue,

That sounds very similar to what I've been doing diet and exercise-wise, except that I do badass lifting and also visualize a lot of UFC/parkour training. And less cardio than you (I hatehatehate running and can't stand cardio machines), but this will change soon w/ soccer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea my primary goal was to drop the weight, I figure I can try to gain more strength later if I want to. I do at least push myself to lifting as much weight as I can for about 3 sets of 10 reps on each machine. I saw pretty significant increases in how much I could lift in the beginning, but it has leveled out since. I imagine if I want to continue that route I'd have to pick a slightly more serious weight routine.

The cardio I don't mind too much. I just listen to my iPod and watch whatever is on the TVs at the gym and the time flies by. I have also seen a significant improvement with the cardio, I can go at a much higher intensity for longer, and I believe my resting heart rate has dropped as well. I didn't really keep very good track of anything besides my weight though.