View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Re: 30 LBS in 90 days - Who\'s with me???

[ QUOTE ]

you seem confident in your ability to lose weight quickly, and also willing to bet on it, i would like to bet someone that i can gain weight faster than they can lose it, there has to be some kind of odds line where a legitimate competition can take place

how much do you weigh? i am between 5'7" and 5'8" and i have never weighed more than 135 lbs in my life, i just weighed myself and i am now at 118.5 so im pretty sure it would not be easy at all for me to get to 150+, especially considering my lack of a serious appetite

i really think there can be some amount of weight loss/gain combined with a realistic line that an interesting bet can be made between my skinny ass and some fat 2+2er

is this just a pipe dream or does anyone think this could actually happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know a whole lot about gaining weight quickly, but I do know you can lose well over 5 pounds a week by cutting out a ton of calories and cardio. Obviously a lot of the weightloss will be muscle, how much muscle depends on your body composition.

The good news(and this relates to the OP) is you can gain back that muscle relatively quickly by readjusting your diet and lifting heavy without gaining much weight because lean muscle burns the [censored] out of fat. I know all this because I went through the entire process, although I learned later that the pace that I lost the weight wasn't the most healthy way.