View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Should I be discouraged?

I haven't disappeared, I just don't really have the time to be online alot in one day and haven't been able to get back till now. Thank you for your patience.

Now that I've processed to tons of information given to me by my site comrades, I'm prepared to answer some of the questions.

Some hands that are probable questionable on my part:

Two players fold and I'm third to act and pick up JcJd. I raise, and get 2 folds, and I get a call from person just before the button (CO seat?) and the BB. 3 to the flop.

The flop comes Td9h3h. The BB checks and I bet, and only get called by the CO guy.

The turn is 9d. I bet again, and the opponent raises. At this point I've played with this guy for about 2 hours and know that he just calls preflop with a large range of hands, from 87o to QQ, but have only seen him raise in rare circumstances, normally when he has a pretty good hand. I called even though I thought I was beat. A mistake?

The River was the Qc, I check/called, and lost to Jh8d. I was totally confused by his turn raise which I guess was a bluff on the 9. What were my mistakes on this?

I'll post another hand later today.

Jaykon:
How many pots we're raised pre-flop? re-raised? capped? About 1/4 of the pots were raised, and the only reraising ever done was by me to put a player all-in. None were ever capped.
How many players saw each flop? 3 on average
How many players saw the turn? River? 2-3
Was there much betting on the turn? RIver? Never checked around, but not much reraising
Was there much raising on the turn? River? Not really. The most raising came from my lone cap with my OESFD on the flop and turn, but otherwise the action was fairly passive.

Having answered this questions, it seems like the table was pretty tight. My mediocre hands like ATo and even AJ/KJ to some degree were probably overvalued. I recall that the majority of the showdowns ended with some great cards being shown, often losing to a sheepish player with a mediocre hand. I think my table observation was nonexistent, because I can now recall all of these obvious signs about how people played that I didn't even consider while I was there. I wasn't always considering position, which is a no-no, and I got caught up in the excitement of playing live for the first time. I got arrogant because I had some good reads on the other players, but I still ignored them to some degree. I didn't plan on going in there and doing everything right, but now it seems as though I didn't do much of anything correct. I was overwhelmed by information, and I think that problem will go away with more experience.

Thanks everybody. Further criticism is appreciated.